Now with the plot out of the way, let's talk about this book. It's got some excellent world building, the idea of the temples and different sectors are quite well done. The plot itself is interesting with the main character having to be a spy rather than a card carrying, gun toting rebel and it moves fairly quickly.
Unfortunately this is one of those plots where the baddies are 'always' one step ahead of the goodies and people are tstl. The main characters are apparently skilled enough to create a well hidden, spy free zone and can hack into numerous computers, but don't seem to think about releasing their own propaganda. The main character is said to have more power than her husband, because people love her, but she only wields the power once and in private and of course it doesn't pay off. She is said to be a person who inspires devotion and she never uses that.. she spend 95% of the book scared of hubby (understandably I grant) and the other 5% waffling between her two love interests.
I did enjoy it and I tore through in several hours, its fast paced and quite gripping. The main character did show a little spine towards the end of the book so I may pick up the next book in the series.